I’m studying for my Nursing class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
The IOM published report, “Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health,” makes recommendations for lifelong learning and achieving higher levels of education.
In 1,000-1,250 words, examine the importance of nursing education and discuss your overall educational goals.
Include the following:
- Discuss your options in the job market based on your educational level.
- Review the IOM Future of Nursing Recommendations for achieving higher levels of education. Describe what professional certification and advanced degrees (MSN, DNP, etc.) you want to pursue and explain your reasons for wanting to attain the education. Discuss your timeline for accomplishing these goals.
- Discuss how increasing your level of education would affect how your competitiveness in the current job market and your role in the future of nursing.
- Discuss the relationship of continuing nursing education to competency, attitudes, knowledge, and the ANA Scope and Standards for Practice and Code of Ethics.
- Discuss whether continuing nursing education should be mandatory. Provide support for your response.
I plan to one day get my MSN so I can be a nurse educator or possibly management. I am currently a charge nurse, which can be very stressful and I do not plan to do this for the next 20 years. I will be having my first grandbaby in June, so I do plan to take at least a year off.
I am not convinced at the bedside that continuing education past an ADN is beneficial. I think this will only add to the impending nursing shortage. I wonder if patient outcomes are statistically better because the BSN educated nurse is more comfortable with investigating and driving their practice with EBP? I also wonder if a nurse who has taken the time to advance their degree has a slightly stronger WHY to their practice? Why am I here? I continue to do bedside care because I enjoy working with my hands. I enjoy being a part of a complicated case (physically and socially). I find challenge in identifying a problem and being a part of a team to change a poor process. I find it rewarding when I can reach a patient and even more when I am moved by them. This is why I would like to say that my patient outcomes are slightly better and hope to keep that number advancing as I continue to advance my degree.
You are required to cite to a minimum of three sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and relevant to nursing practice.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Attempt Start Date: 02-Mar-2020 at 12:00:00 AM
Due Date: 08-Mar-2020 at 11:59:59 PM
Maximum Points: 125.0