I need support with this Health & Medical question so I can learn better.
You are employed as a dental hygienist in private practice. A local County Commissioner is a patient at the office. She will be voting yes or no on a county referendum to implement water fluoridation. The county commissioner is in favor of water fluoridation but needs information to present to the committee. She asks you for information. You are to find and document evidence-based information on fluoridation that the commissioner can present to the committee. You will use statistics from the Florida County that is assigned to you.
You MUST have the following information in the report. The websites for the information you need are provided here.
Document the Healthy People 2020 objective for water fluoridation (objective OH-13) as stated here: “Increase the proportion of the U.S. population served by community water systems with optimally fluoridated water. Target: 79.6%” https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topics-objectives/topic/oral-health/objectives (Links to an external site.)
Briefly describe the purpose of Healthy People (e.g. type of agency) and why it addresses oral health and fluoridation. https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topics-objectives/topic/oral-health (Links to an external site.)
Document the percent of the population in Florida served by community water systems receiving optimally fluoridated water. (2017 is the latest statistic at 77.3%). See PDF below.
Document the percent of the population served by community water systems receiving optimally fluoridated water for the county assigned to you.
Include recommendations or reports about fluoridation from at least one of the following agencies:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) http://www.cdc.gov/fluoridation/ (Links to an external site.)
- Florida Department of Health http://www.floridahealth.gov/healthy-people-and-families/community-health/dental-health/fluoridation/index.html (Links to an external site.)
Document the percent of persons in the county assigned to you that are; https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fl (Links to an external site.)
- Living below the poverty level (poverty level is the threshold below which families or individuals are considered to be lacking the resources to meet the basic needs for healthy living; having insufficient income to provide the food, shelter and clothing needed to preserve health.)
- Under 5 years of age
- Under 18 years of age
- Black/African American
Describe in the report why the above statistics are important. In other words discuss why ethnicity, age and poverty level are important considerations in water fluoridation.
In the conclusion section state (describe) how the information you obtained researching and writing this paper might help you in the future.
- The paper is to be no less than four pages and no more than six pages (NOT including the reference page).
- Double-space the text of your paper.
- Use Times New Roman 12 point font (this includes the running header).
- Set the margins of your document to 1 inch on all sides.
- Indent the first line of paragraphs 5 spaces from the left margin. DO NOT USE MORE THAN DOUBLE SPACING BETWEEN PARAGRAPHS.
- In the upper right corner of the header include the first initial of your first name (capitalized), period, space, your last name (capitalized), space, page number. Example: C. Chapman 1
- Number all pages consecutively with Arabic numerals (1, 2, 3, 4, etc.) in Times New Roman font.
- In the upper left-hand corner of the first page, type your name, the course, the instructor’s name, and the due date (double-spaced). Example:
November 13, 2019
- There is NO title page. The title (Fluoridation Report) is to be centered. Do not underline, italicize, or place your title in quotation marks; write the title in Title Case (standard capitalization), not in all capital letters. Double space between the title and the first line of the text.
- There is to be a separate reference page using APA formatting. The reference page is NOT part of the 4 page minimum.
I WAS ASSIGEND OKEECHOBEE