I’m studying for my Health & Medical class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
Support your answers with examples and research. Your responses should clarify your understanding of the topic. They should be your own, original, and free from plagiarism. Follow the APA format for writing style, spelling and grammar, and citation of sources.
Participate in the discussion by analyzing each response for completeness and accuracy and by suggesting specific additions or clarifications for improving the discussion question response.
DQ: Defining a Community Health Problem
There are many health issues affecting the United States. Some of the most common issues are chronic disease, obesity and overweight persons, immunization, access to healthcare services, tobacco and substance abuse, mental health, injury and violence, and environmental quality.
Using the Internet, obtain scholarly articles and materials to draw inferences and support your philosophy.
In Week 1 Project (ATTACHED), you selected a particular health issue (OBESITY) or health disease (for example, heart disease, cancer, or obesity) to act as a main theme or topic in this course. In this assignment, you will continue your analysis of your selected health issue or health disease topic by collecting both qualitative and quantitative data. Be sure to collect your information from a reliable online source, such as the CDC database surveillance website, the National Immunization Survey, or the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System.
Analyze and synthesize this information as if you were going make a presentation to state public health officials and solicit funding to address the problem.
Respond to the following:
- Explain why the health issue or health disease you have chosen is a problem in your community (OKLAHOMA).
- Explain how you might address this health problem in your community. Illustrate how you would develop a framework for your needs assessment and what instrument you would use to collect qualitative information.
- Prioritize the steps that you might take to define the health problem. Explain in detail with a minimum of four examples and supportive evidence.
Write a 1–2-paragraph response. Comment on the postings of at least two peers with scholarly information.
- Explained why the health issue or health disease you have chosen is a problem in your community.
- Explained how you might address this health problem in your community, including developing a framework for your needs assessment and what instrument you would use to collect qualitative information.
- Described in detail the steps that you might take to define the health problem giving a minimum of four examples and supporting evidence.
- Responses demonstrated an in-depth research and analysis.
- Justified your answers with appropriate research and reasoning.
- Commented on the postings of at least two peers.