I don’t know how to handle this Nursing question and need guidance.
Within the Discussion Board area, write 250 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. You are required to use 1 scholarly resource, in addition to your textbook. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
In your new job as a leader in a nursing department, you want to prepare yourself for any situation that may occur. You take time to review your relevant experiences and some of the laws that will affect your actions.
Staffing levels vary from work environment to work environment and depend on the type of nursing, from intensive care to long-term care.
- Describe a situation when you were short-staffed.
- How did you handle the situation?
- What was the outcome?
- Reflecting on the outcome, how would you have handled this situation differently?
Some states mandate staffing levels; others do not.
- What type of legislation exists in your state regarding nurse-to-patient staffing ratios?
- How does the legislation, or lack thereof, affect patient care?
Also I need minimum 2 reference