Help me study for my Biology class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
Genetic Inheritance Format for Exp. 1
Typed Genetic Inheritance report must be in the following format for full credit in Lab Report #1.
1) Number the figure, e.g., Figure 1.
2) State whether the cross is F1 or F2, as well as the number of the vial, e.g., F1 #215
3) Type out the genetic cross, e.g., Xw/Xw x Xw+/Y
4) State whether the cross is sex-linked, autosomal, or sex-linked and autosomal.
5) Always write the dominant allele first, e.g., bw+/bw
6) Capitalize the X and Y chromosomes. Write the gene names in lower case. Use the superscript function to raise the + sign or the genes on X chromosomes (see #3 & 5 above).
7) State the ratio of offspring’s phenotypes and genotypes (see below).
8) Always follow each F1 cross with the F2 cross of the same type (sex-linked F1 followed by sex-linked F2)
Figure 1: F1 #??? Sex-linked cross
Xw/Xw x Xw+/Y
Xw+/Xw = 100% of females
Xw/Y = 100% of males
Males are 100% white-eyed
Females are 100% brick red-eyed
Figure 2: F2 #??? Sex-linked cross
Xw+/Xw x Xw+/
cross 1: OR X 109
Cross 2: OR X 212
Cross 3: OR x 305