I’m studying and need help with a Biology question to help me learn.
Source you need to solve the case study are these videos and reading that is already on the attached file (case study) along with questions. I made a small table of the case study video to help the parts to pause and mins that are important to look into (table attached file)
in addition to the questions on case study answer the following
- The video states that mutations are random, but natural selection is not. What does this mean?
- Predation is one thing that can cause natural selection. What else can exert a selective pressure on a population of organisms that cause them to evolve?
2. Research 3 conditions that are necessary for natural selection to occur in a population. Be sure that you can explain the role of each one.
3. Watch the video: How we get our skin color. After viewing, be sure that you can answer the following questions:
- What determines an individual’s inherent skin color?
- What function does melanin serve in skin?
- Based on what you learned from this video, write a hypothesis for where in the world you would expect to find human populations with darker or lighter skin pigmentation.