I’m studying for my Chemistry class and need an explanation.
Step 1: Read the article found in section 9A: Biochemical Connections: Law in your digital book.
Using the Online Library, your digital material, and other scholarly websites, discuss the following:
- What are your feelings regarding the article?
- Describe, in detail, what the following statement means, “What can be patented is purified DNA containing the sequence of the gene and techniques that allow the study of the genes.”
- How do you see the patenting of genes/DNA impacting science and medicine over the next 30 years?
- Do you believe this trend is ethical? Why/why not?
Step 2: Compile your thoughts & research and write a 3-5 page paper addressing the topics and questions above.
Step 3: Once complete, save your file and submit.
- You are required to have at least two outside resources, at the scholarly level. Wikipedia is not acceptable.