Public-Key Cryptography and Message Authentication.
I’m trying to study for my Computer Science course and I need some help to understand this question.
3.1 List three approaches to message authentication.
- 3.2 What is a message authentication code?
- 3.4 What properties must a hash function have to be useful for message authentication?
- 3.5 In the context of a hash function, what is a compression function?
- 3.6 What are the principal ingredients of a public-key cryptosystem?
- 3.7 List and briefly define three uses of a public-key cryptosystem.
- 3.8 What is the difference between a private key and a secret key?
- 3.9 What is a digital signature