Creating a CRM Database
I’m working on a Software Development question and need guidance to help me study.
To complete this assignment, you will need both MySQL Workbench and a local installation of MySQL Server. Both are available for free download at www.mysql.com under the Downloads (GA) tab.
In W2 Assignment 2, you used MySQL Workbench to create an ER diagram for ABC Manufacturing’s customer relationship management (CRM) system. The sales manager was so impressed with your work that he has hired you to create the database in MySQL.
Based on the scenario and the requirements from W2 Assignment 2, using both MySQL Server and MySQL Workbench, create a schema called ABC_YourLastName. In this schema, create all the necessary tables, columns, and relationships to complete your database.
You can download and view an example of MySQL Schema called “MySQL Sample Database” atwww.mysqltutorial.org.
To submit your database to the Submissions Area, you must export the schema to a file. To perform an export, complete the following steps from the MySQL Workbench Home tab:
- Click Manage Import/Export under the Server Administration column.
- Make sure Data Export is highlighted on the Task and Object Browser.
- Check the box next to ABC_YourLastName in the left dialog box.
- Under Options, select the Export to Self-Contained File radio button and note the file path.
- Change the name of the file from the default to SU_ITS2110_W3_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.sql.
- Click Start Export.
- When the export is complete, you will need to upload the file to the Submissions Area.
In addition, complete the following tasks in a 2- to 3-page Microsoft Word document:
- Describe your database.
- Explain which tables, columns, keys, and so on will be seen in the schema.
Support your responses with examples.
Cite any sources in APA format.