Explain what happens if the offender is in need of a competency hearing, including a definition competency.
Read the attached case study “Officer Tim Bronson”; in 1,500 -2000 words, discuss the following:
- Explain the process of arrest, how are they placed under arrest, what does it mean to be arrested
- Explain the process of arraignment, what occurs during the arraignment process
- Explain what occurs during pretrial
- Explain what happens if the offender is in need of a competency hearing, including a definition competency.
- Assess the role of a psychologist in a pretrial competency hearing. Describe what type of assessment tools psychologist use to assess competency for trial.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.